The Open Book Session - Watch Me Shoot
A ONE DAY WORKSHOP
Have you ever wanted to follow someone around and see how they shoot? Well, this is like that but one step better! Not only will you watch me photograph a real family, but I will talk my way through my settings, how I'm using the light, my posing, and how I'm getting them to play and interact. I believe that there is no better way to learn photography than to learn in person with your own two eyes.
There is no one size fits all method or approach but you will walk away with tools to photograph successful and fun family sessions.
First, we will meet at the location and do a pre-shoot walk through as well as chat about my philosophy when it comes to photographing families. Next, we will meet our family and I will get shooting! You guys will not be shooting because our focus is absorbing information which you will be able to apply to your own shoots (even better!) Finally, we will head to a fun sit down dinner where we will continue to discuss the topics listed below.
Saturday March 18th, 2017
San Francisco, CA - Exact location TBA
- Posing that works well for busy bodied children
- Games and things to say to get people to loosen up
- How I use light
- How I choose my settings and why
- How to utilize the location to it's fullest potential
- Composition and rule of thirds
- Flat rate pricing
- Setting expectations and how to deliver on them
- How to attract your ideal clients